Sunday, April 15, 2012

Homemade Italian- With a Twist

After a dinner of homemade pasta with meat sauce, I didn't know what to do with the huge amount of pasta sauce we had left over. Today, while grocery shopping, I had a brilliant idea- Homemade pizza, using the sauce. I would make some homemade Crostinis from a Rosemary Garlic loaf I found in the fresh baked section, paired with a Lemon Feta Dip as an hors d'oeuvres. The main event would be an oven baked pizza made with a red wine reduction meat sauce (left over), caramelized onions, a little olive tapenade and sliced salami. While it took a tiny bit more prep than I had planned for the evening, the out come was a yummy meal, perfect for a Sunday night in.

{Rosemary & Garlic Oven Baked Bread}
{Sliced & Painted with EVOO}
{Ready to Dip}
{Warm Feta Dip}
{Homemade Pizza Dough- Patience}
{Oven Ready}

No comments:

Post a Comment