Thursday, March 22, 2012

Cereal For Dessert





Ever since I started making cupcakes and posting cupcake photographs on Facebook I have had an overwhelming request to start a cooking blog of some kind. Since I am not just an avid baker, but also an extreme shopaholic, I figured there was no better way to bring those two things together, than to make a blog about both. Most recently my boyfriend and I had family over to stay for the weekend. It was a stormy Saturday evening, perfect for baking. I re-created a recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate Cereal Bars I came up upon in Southern Living magazine. I substituted the light corn syrup with golden honey syrup because it was too stormy to go to the store. I was not prepared for the sticky mess this recipe would make all over the kitchen, but the results made it all worth it. These were the perfect treat to entertain and satisfy everyone's sweet tooth. 



No comments:

Post a Comment